Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Big Windy Wild Nurturing Nest


Beautiful, bountiful land. The fields were full of blooming herbs. It was high season for the Red Clover, St. John's Wort, Yarrow, Blueberries and more while we were walking in the woods. Oh also enough Chanterelles for the whole group to live off of. They were delicious. Anja even plucked a couple of Oysters for our last meal before we returned home. When your at this place in July/ August, I imagine one gets a false sense of being able to live easily off the land in a lot of ways much like California goes easy on us all, but the winters are real in Nova Scotia. I'm a believer just from witnessing the thunderstorms in the area. I wonder if Hurricanes make it up that way occasionally. Caleb used the wind to his advantage and sailed to Baddeck one day and back the next. Very cool. He sailed into town just in time to meet us for a lobster dinner at the Lynnwood. Big Windy Wild!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*sob*

The field looks sooo lovely with the tree clearing a few years back. I miss Nova Scotia so badly.

Yes, they do get tail ands of hurricanes, usually in october.

Sniff, sniff. Maybe I'll do Baddeck next year. *snuffle*.

*um* how did I get an account on blogger, and how did blogger know it was me?