Friday, September 21, 2007

The Personal Is Political

It seems there is often a lot of worry about giving a victim anonymity which I respect, but don't fully understand. Why does one need anonymity from a crime you did not commit? What are you protecting yourself / others from, awareness? Some people, or possibly most people who read my blog may not understand why I mention having been molested as a child. Of course a blog is the perfect place to increase awareness, thus weakening the impact of this crime on all the people still suffering from it. I would also like to put it out there that I was raised by upper middle class educators in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I attended the best public schools in a liberal, college town. Perhaps my father, step- father, uncle, and all the other molestors of this league or should I say Ivy League believe they are too intellectually superior for mundane morals. In any case, my father very admirably apologized and we have found ground on which we can continue relating. My ex-step-father ran to England with his new wife who is a social worker specializing in Molestors so he's in good enough hands though she's in permanent denial. My uncle is still undisclosed unfortunately, unless his family reads my blog. This is the unfortunate side and could be a hard price to pay for family secrets. It is likely that I will not dwell further on any of this, but if you comment or email, I can answer any questions. Blogging makes my life less complicated because now I have put out my political message. Awareness decreases crimes against women. I believe in speaking openly about my history to help others who may be victims themselves. It is not only withing boundaries of intimate relationship that you will find me discussing crimes against women and children. Admittedly, I'd rather talk herbs... or Amsterdam, which is fabulous!

No comments: