Friday, September 7, 2007

Whose got Baggage?!

These are the animals my eldest daughter Anja intends to bring to Europe with her. Luckily the Europeans are relaxed about nudity as Anja won't have room in her baggage for clothing, though I am sure these important stuffed people will have to be carried on. Today my mother took the family to Olan Mills portrait studios. There was much turmoil about how Super looked in the final choice. Anja was deeply dissatisfied that we chose the picture in which her fingers were covering Super Jim panda bear's neck. She thought my hair was inconsequential compared to Super's neck. I'm so vain. I do however spend more time fixing Super's neck than my hair. When we got back here to the lake, Anja took about fifty pictures of Super and friends to console herself.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma Janet said...

You should explain that Super Jim's neck is a nice velvet one. You used velvet this time to reconnect his head to his body after Super Jim's unfortunate decapitation. Super has many necks due to these misfortunes and this latest is quite nice. Also--Super is the Panda at the right rear of the picture, not the nice shiny one on the left. Like the Velveteen rabbit, Super has been loved alive, but he is currently much in need of "life support".