Sunday, December 23, 2007

Joyeaux Noel! -Christmas is masculine- duh!

Every noun has a gender. They don't necessarily make any sense. It's Christmas eve eve. Had our last francais lessons till January 7th when life resumes at it's normal pace for the Clunysois. Thinking about travel for January. Anja has doctor appointments in Macon, lyme-literate doctor January 2nd, and eye doctor January 11th. My lovely translator, Caroline will accompany us to the first appointment, and we're on our own for the second I believe, though the office has been forewarned as I was the one that made that appointment and explained that the doctor that would work best for us is the one with the most knowledge of Anglais, assuming they all know about eyes. We had the most lovely time skating in Macon by the Saone river the other day. Sofie and I are at about the same level. We both improved greatly in the hour we were skating. Anja and Caleb are far more skilled and were able to skate longer as Sofie's stamina dwindled and her and I took off for the health food store where we purchased gluten free- cookies, pasta, flours, crackers, and beer. I especially liked the beer brewed with Millet in Germany. It's called Schnitzer Brau. I hope they sell it in the U.S. also. Perhaps the brew pubs make a gluten-free beer. Perhaps I should contact Ace in preparation for our home-coming? Wine is gluten-free anyway. I noticed the french put warning labels on things too. There's a cork on our kitchen table that says, "Mis en Botteille," which I took to mean, "put in bottle," (different priorities) though upon reflection it might mean bottled by as it was followed up with,"a la propriete." So you know what I've been busy doing here in the land of booze and food. Caleb's off walking in the woods. I'm making home movies with the kids. It'll be a wonder if I don't weigh an extra ten pounds when I return to the land of sunshine. This is sounding way too much like a diary. Will try to wait till I have something to write about next time.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

merry christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

There, one belated and one early.

We keep up with your blog and enjoy reading it.

Paul & Laura

Grandma Janet said...

I didn't know that blogs weren't suppose to sound like diaries. That is what I write all of the time. Although my blogs are really letters to you and your family. Anyway I enjoy your writing at whatever level you are using. I love and miss you all. Love, Grandma Janet

Shannon Williams said...

Diary for the public vs. diary about my thighs... just want to keep it more interesting and at absolute best informative, rather than about my own boring insecurities and the like.