Sunday, December 16, 2007

la reine de neige et l'arbre de souhaite




We watched the snow queen create snow with her magique wand in Macon today. We lit our candles at the tree of hope last weekend in Cluny. Joyeuse fetes, not just Noel, but fetes galore. We intended to skate but the very small outdoor rink alongside the immense Saone river was very crowded as it is Sunday, the girls got cold waiting in line to get to the rink, so we decided to try again on a weekday. Don't know if this will be any better as the local children will probably be out of school then anyhow. Though it will be fun to try. I finally tried the Vin Chaud and it was delicious. I decided it is the reason the French live longer. Warm wine with a slice of lemon in it on a cold, wintery day is delicieux and doesn't even make one sleepy.

2 comments:

Grandma Janet said...

It is cold here today too. Not a wintery day, but a late fall one. I probably did the last swimming today that I will do for a while. Mac and I went to the Mall for a walk as it was raining, and I cashed a $10 gift certificate that I had for another VS nightshirt. Mac stood at the door and told me which color he preferred. He loved just being near Victoria Secret but he wouldn't come inside. Maybe the DHEA I am taking is making me more feminine. Maybe I am just too frugal and can't let a nice gift certificate go to waste when there is a sale on too. I don't think that I have ever bought a thing in VS before in my life. Merry Christmas to me again. Christmas customs are certainly different in France.
Love, Mom (you can erase this one too.)

h w said...

Hello friends! cold here too- but sunny days and even a nice bit of rain. Happy Solstice!! We miss you and hope to talk to you soon. love love
Wise family