Monday, March 10, 2008

The Lighter Side of Paris

The boat in back is ours. We got this boat more than once. One receives a stick to shove it off and runs around the pond sending it in the direction you want it to go. Of course the wind has it's way in the end as is expected.


But it is fun to chase it about the garden or around the pond atleast. To the right is Anja in front of a display of delicious delicacies which I'm sure there will be even more of when I return to Paris just before Easter with Lynne and Kristin. To the right of that is a lovely statue that helped me get my bearings and find my way back to our place in the Marais more than once on this trip. Also on the light side, Sofie got a bit carried away riding the ponies in the jardin outside the louvre. She had two rides on ponies and one in a cart. On the hilarious side, we went looking for an actual money gram store of which there are five in Paris to cash the Money Gram-International Money Order I received from my father for Christmas which no bank in Cluny would cash. We found one and then were sent to the main office where we were informed that one can only cash an International Money Order in Les Etats Unis. They told me to send it back to my dad and have him forward me money via MoneyGram of course. I assured them that if I knew my father, he would never use MoneyGram again for anything, and thanked them kindly laughing all the while. This was funny to us, but could have been serious in other circumstances. And quite a run-around in which we were able to practice our francais skills asking for directions repetitively from many different people.

1 comment:

mimulus said...

bummer about the moneygram!